torsdag 22 november 2012

Jackson Rathbone Interview with @Cosmopolitan

Photobucket

 Jackson Rathbone: I'm Off the Market
cosmopolitan
Q: So, how’s Monroe?
A: He’s the greatest thing I’ve ever done in my life. He’s the best part of the future. This is the reason to wake up in the morning. This is the light that shines regardless of the sun.

Q: Do you love him like Edward and Bella love Renesmee?
A: I imagine my love is real...because it is! So, we're deep in the Twilight zone here?

Q: We are and we got the closure we needed from Breaking Dawn, so thank you!
A: So you don’t have PTSD—post-Twilight stress disorder? Excellent.

Q: Do you?
A: No, I’m good. I was able to take the makeup off, take the contacts out, put the boots away and say goodbye to Jasper. But saying goodbye to the fans is probably the hardest part. It’s been an honor to play a character that they’ve welcomed into their lives.

Q: Is it weird with your girlfriend (Monroe’s mom Sheila Hafsadi) when screaming girls are freaking out at the sight of you?
A: It is a little awkward. At the premiere, girls came up and were like, “Can I kiss you on the cheek?” and I was like, “Uhhhh.” I was trying to say “No” and then she just leaned in and kissed me. I was like, “I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I didn’t say ‘yes.’ That was really awkward for me. I didn’t like it all.”

Q: Does being a heartthrob carry any weight at home?
A: No. What carries the weight is when I take the trash out and change the baby’s diaper.

Q: Our readers might cry if you guys get married. Are you going to be off the market officially any time soon?
A: Oh, I’m off the market already.

Q: So, the big Breaking Dawn 2 twist. Again, we issue a SPOILER ALERT!
Did you wonder why your head, out of all of those in the mix, was selected for decapitation?
A: It was really cool to have my head chopped off. That was badass. It’s like a surreal honor. Like, “eff yeah! They kill me.” Coolest death I’ve ever had in a movie! I got killed once in a movie years ago called Pray for Morning, except it was a really low budget movie and I magically had my neck broken. I had to whip my neck to the side and then they had a really cheesy cracking sound effect.

Q: It must be weird to see your own decapitated head dangling on a movie screen.
A: I was sitting next to my mom and dad at the premiere and they didn’t even care. They didn’t even flinch. That was the weird part. I thought my mom was going to be all sad, and then, nothing.

Q: What do you think becomes of Jasper and Alice?
A: There’s a lot of talk in the first Twilight when Bella comes to the house and there’s all the high school diplomas and they’re like, “Yeah, we’ve graduated quite a few times.” I just see Jasper being so done with this high school B.S. I think Jasper and Alice are gonna go explore the world.

Q: What are you going to do next?
A: I’ve been producing a lot of movies in the last few years. I want to produce a lot more. I’ve been sourcing scripts so I can direct for the first time. I’d like to direct myself but I'm a cinephile and I also would like to just step behind the camera and be on the other end of making movies. I’m not going to quit acting by any means, but I do want to explore that other side of my personality.

Q: How are you going to explain Twilight to your son some day?
A: I think maybe I’ll have to explain it to him at the Twilight 20 year reunion. But I’m going to wait ‘til then. He’ll be, like, digging through his father’s stuff in the attic and come across a Twilight poster and one of those Jasper action figures and be like, “Dad. What is this?” He won’t care. By then there’s going to be, like, mutant wolves on planet 16 or something.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...